In order to organize educational process in IEC, BNTU will provide AIC with curriculums, the list of modules to be done at AIC in Colombo with the corresponding credits per module to respect (1 credit is equivalent to 36 hours of classroom and self-sustained student work in total). Educational process will to be determined by the BNTU academic leadership. The duration of Educational Program in IEC of BNTU in Sri Lanka is 4 (four) years. Final certification of students is carried out in BNTU by the State Examination Commission with the participation of the representatives of AIC Campus.
During the realizing of the educational process in IEC BNTU in Sri Lanka
BNTU shall be responsible for the following:
- fully controlling and being solely responsible for all aspects of the academic programme “Educational Program in IEC of BNTU”;
- providing oversight of academic administration and instruction to the students of the Educational Program in IEC of BNTU, in consultation with AIC where necessary;
- fully controlling the approval of all modules included in the Educational Program in IEC of BNTU, in consultation with AIC where necessary;
- ensuring that all visiting BNTU faculty members are competent and professionally qualified with appropriate credential to teach the modules of the Educational Program in IEC of BNTU;
- carrying out the final certification of students in BNTU by the State Examination Commission with the participation of the representatives of AIC Campus (as agreed upon between the Parties), issuing the state diploma of the Republic of Belarus to students who have completed a full course of the training on the 1st or 2nd stages;
- facilitate the process of enrollment of students in BNTU to continue their studies in the Master program in BNTU;
- providing visa support and ensure the registration of students coming to carrying out the final certification or study in the Republic of Belarus.
AIC shall be responsible for the following:
- attaining required authorization to offer the Educational Program in IEC of BNTU from the related government authorities or agencies responsible for educational programs in Sri Lanka;
- recruiting, under the control and validation of BNTU, qualified students who meet the admission policies and standards required by BNTU which are determined by the BNTU Admission rules as set forth in Appendix I, to both Educational Programs: the Educational Program in IEC of BNTU and the Master degree Program in the BNTU;
- providing the financial resources to create and maintain a high quality educational facility that will satisfactorily support the 4-year Course of the Educational Program in IEC of BNTU in Sri Lanka offerings;
- marketing and promoting the Educational Program in IEC of BNTU in Sri Lanka, and BNTU including the design and publication of accurate promotional materials; provided, however, that AIC shall only use the trademarks, tradenames and logos of BNTU in marketing and promotional materials within guidelines set out by legislation of the Republic of Belarus and with BNTU’s prior approval;
- assuming full financial responsibility for providing the staff and academic resources needed to facilitate the 4-year Course of the Educational Program in IEC of BNTU;
- providing technological and library resources as well as administration and support services needed to support the Educational Program in IEC of BNTU.